I was sorting through some boxes of stuff, in an ongoing attempt to cram my entire life into an infinitesimally tiny space that must function as my living and working quarters but is actually not big enough for either, AND I came across some old photos of things I miss. Like shorter sentences. That aren't fragments. Ranking number one of things I miss most today is... Peter!

Steam Society owes its existence to Peter, since without his help I never would have been able to make the jump to San Francisco or bring my strange and awesome creations to Steam Society's adoring public. Or the viral chasm that is the internet. Either way, none of this would be possible with out Peter believing in my crazy ideas and helping me deal with the insanity that has been the last year.
This next photo looks like it could be any number of houses in San Francisco, but it is actually a mansion in Bellingham that I was obsessed with as a child. Its hard to tell from the photo just how incredible this house is, but next time I go up there I'll take a few pictures of it. I called this house "The Purple House" because it is indeed a dark taupe-ish purple, and I was a very accurate child. Its at the very top of a super steep hill at looks vastly more intense and charasmatic than any other house in the neighborhood. I used to pick little purple flowers from the yard when I was up there with Peter or anyone else I could drag up the hill. I do have a standing offer that I will move back to Bellingham if someone will buy me the this house.

Lastly, I found a photo of me swinging that I have no memory of seeing before. Its sort of funny because I never ever wore sunglasses before moving to San Francisco, and now I rarely leave the house without them. Clearly my younger self knew it was a style that worked for me.

I think, but I'm not sure, that that photo was taken at Blodel Donovan Park, when the pavilion was still being built and now-extinct swings still existed on playgrounds.
Anyways, I hope Peter is able to check this post out and enjoy the photos. If he or anyone else wants to see these photos larger, just click on them. Also, Peter should look at this link and also this link as an example of what gears are selling for on eBay. He might also find this interesting, but shhhh.. don't tell anyone about it!


No comments:
Post a Comment